Internet bidding terms and conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WE HAVE MADE AN EFFORT TO KEEP THEM CLEAR AND SIMPLE, THEY CONTAIN USEFUL INFORMATION ON WHAT TO EXPECT WITH REGISTRATION and INTERNET BIDDING.
- JURISDICTION. This site is governed by the laws of the State of South Australia.
- People viewing this trace are advised that Internet delays and the response time of the webcaster and auctioneer mean that bid limits sometimes appear to have been ignored for a while. In particular the trace often shows a bid limit not acted on even though it arrived well before the auctioneer called "Gone". Bidders are advised to bid as early as possible and to use the bid stack to place a limit and have the system bid for you.
- THE AUCTION ROOMS - TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE. These terms and conditions of Internet bidding are in addition to the The Auction Rooms terms and conditions of sale, which are available from our auction rooms and at www.theauctionrooms.com.au in particular bidders should note the faults or misdescription rule as all lots are available for inspection prior to the auction.
- AUCTION INFORMATION. Intending bidders need to be aware of the information about the auction available from the www.theauctionrooms.com.au web site, in particular where a buyers premium is payable, what taxes are payable, the methods of payment and times of inspection and collection.
- ADDITIONAL SERVICE. Where possible bidders should attend the auctions in person as this is the best way to be sure of getting your bids in and to be sure of exactly what is being bid for. Internet bidding at auctions is a service offered by The Auction Rooms so that people who cannot get to the auction can still participate. The Internet is prone to slow downs and outages and so both The Auction Rooms and Interbid wish to warn users that it may not be possible to bid over the Internet at an auction.
- PARTIAL WEBCAST. Occasionally only part of the auction will be webcast for bidding over the internet so bidders need to check the above auction information to be sure they can bid over the internet for the all the lots they are interested in. Also any lots added late to the catalogue, or altered in the catalogue, or lots re-offered after failing to sell, will in general not be webcast for Internet bidding.
- AUCTIONEERS DISCRETION. The auctioneer has total discretion in choosing to accept a bid from the Internet or from the floor and may, without giving any reason, refuse to accept the bidding of any person or persons. Where the value of a lot is well known, it can be very important who gets the bid in at the expected sale price and very frustrating for live or Internet bidders when they consistently miss out. Because bid limits are kept totally secret even placing a limit well ahead of time does not improve a bidders chances of being selected for key bids. If you can, its always best to attend the auctions in person.
- REGISTRATION. All bidders are required to register prior to bidding. Your registration will be checked and approved manually before you are approved to bid. It is not possible to Register and begin bidding immediately.
By accepting these terms and conditions you warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and able to enter a legally binding contract, that you will be financially responsible for your use of the Interbid auction system and that you will be responsible for any usage by minors or any other party of these auction services under your name or account. So please guard your password like you would a pin number on a bank account and do not leave your computer unattended while logged into the system.
By accepting these terms and conditions you give permission to The Auction Rooms to use the supplied address and other details for verification purposes as we check your application.
READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE AUCTION SYSTEM. BY SELECTING THE "ACCEPT" BUTTON ON THE RIGHT OR BELOW, YOU AGREE TO ALL THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, SELECT THE "DECLINE" BUTTON.